The Mother Lode Storytelling Guild wants to invite you to a fun afternoon to learn about the art of storytelling! We’ll be meeting for this free workshop from 4pm until 6pm. Hope you’ll join us!
Here’s the basic agenda (times are approximate, but to keep things moving, I will be trying to keep us all on track)
1. Open with a story–(5 min)
2. A little history & cultural context of storytelling, taught with a really fun game (8 min)
3. The Storyteller’s Tools & how to have fun with them–Some improvisation games (20 min)
4. How to learn a story amazingly fast! A method developed by Dr. Margaret Read McDonald, a leading expert in the U.S. storytelling movement (30 min)
5. Getting into our bodies to strengthen characterization–(10 min)
6. Telling each other stories–Remainder of our time.