What a rich and wonderful theme for this year’s Summer Reading Programs at our public libraries!
With 35+ years on the Storytelling Stage, B.Z. is ready to offer a solid “itinerary” to travel the world through story and song in your community! Here’s how to find out more!
One World, Many Stories (Children’s & Family Programs)
- Up, Up & Away! Soar with B.Z. across distant lands as we fly from one continent to another through stories. From Senegal and Morrocco to Japan and Vietnam, on to Norway and Ireland then Mexico and Brazil…we’ve got STORIES from every corner of the world. And in this program, we will sing songs and hear poems of traveling by planes, trains, boats and automobiles!
- Take Me for a Ride! Baby & Toddler Program with songs and fingerplays about traveling. From the “The Wheels on the Bus” to “Up, Up in My Airplane,” B.Z. will engage the youngest library goers with rhythm, rhyme and melody as we explore travel and transportation through the eyes of a toddler!
- Famous Pilots: My brother and I grew up hearing stories of flying, of famous pilots from every walk of life. Hear some! Personal stories of growing up with my dad, the pilot.
You Are Here (Teen Programs)
- Plan My Trip: With a destination in mind and stories for the journey, B.Z. will help teen audiences start where they are, and show them how to hop the globe through stories. Teens will figure out how to plan a travel itinerary. Do you need a passport? How do we get to the airport from here (wherever HERE may be)? Will need to get SHOTS? Where will go once we leave here (wherever HERE may be)?
- Come with Me: “When I was growing up, my dad would wake me up on a Saturday morning, and say ‛Come with me! I’m going to the airport!’ In just a little while, I’d be buckled up and we were taking off!” What is it like to have a PILOT for a DAD? B.Z. shares personal experiences stories of her wild and crazy life growing up in the air!
Novel Destinations (Adult Programs)
- Armchair Travel: How about some adult tales of wild and exotic lands? Stories from Ancient India, Ancient Greece and Meso-America.
- Cultural Diversity on the Mother Lode…in 1863. Discussion about California’s demographics at the dawn of a new state (Just 13 years old). Stories that reflect cultural traditions and its rich diversity in early California during California’s Gold Rush.